Courses and Lessons
Courses and Instruction
We offer courses in
- German as a foreign language
- Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Geography (language of instruction is German)
Topics and skills
The topics presented in the courses and the skills to be acquired are defined in module descriptions (texts in German):
Topics and Skills
- Modulbeschreibung Chemie (217,6 KB)
- Modulbeschreibung Biologie und Umweltkunde (16,8 KB)
- Modulbeschreibung Geographie und Wirtschaftskunde (12,8 KB)
- Modulbeschreibung Geschichte (10,4 KB)
- Modulbeschreibung Deutsch (177,1 KB)
- Modulbeschreibung Englisch (7,2 KB)
- Modulbeschreibung Mathematik (71,1 KB)
- Modulbeschreibung Physik (128,7 KB)
More information (available in German only) on content, courses and exams in mathematics, physics, biology and geography can be found on www.vwu-info.at.
Course Scheme and Rules
For German courses there are 5 course levels - see course system. After a placement test the students are placed in the course corresponding to their level of German language proficiency. There are multinational classes of approx. 20 students.
For attending the VWU certain rules (text in German) apply.
Academically qualified lecturers teach according to
- corporate didactic principles (text in German)
- modern teaching methods.
Like at universities each course lasts one semester (320-350 lessons/24 lessons per week in the German courses at VWU directly, 320 lessons with cooperation partners):
- Winter semester: October to February
- Summer semester: March to June
All students are enrolled as non degree-programme students (außerordentliche Studierende) at their universities while they study at the VWU. They have the status of university students and have a student identity card of their university.
Mon–Thu: 8.00 am–1.00 pm, Fri: 8.00 am–12.00 noon
How to get to us:
metro lines U4, U6 - station Längenfeldgasse (5 minutes walk via Stiegergasse to Sechshauserstraße) or
bus lines 12A, 57A - stop Stiegergasse
The Preparation Programme does not provide accommodation, so please check the OeAD housing office for further information.