Supplementary examinations in January 2023
All written and oral exams are planned to take place in person.
- If an unexpected resurgence of Covid-19 and according measures placed by the government of Austria make a change in the exam procedure for the exam date necessary, the following procedures, as agreed upon by the VWU Commission, will instead be applied:
- Exams in German and English: If written exams are not able to be written in person, the written part will be replaced by an extended oral exam to be taken digitally via video conference.
- Mathematics: If written and oral exams cannot be taken in person, the exam will be postponed until it can be taken in person.
- History and Geography: If exams are not able to take place in person, a digital exam via video conference will be taken.
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology: If exams cannot be taken in person, the exam will be postponed until it can be taken in person.
- We will inform exam candidates accordingly if any changes are made to these decisions.
- Registration: December 9th to December 22nd (12.00 noon, CET), online
- English (written exam): January 16th, 2.15 p.m.
- Mathematics (written exam): January 17th, 2.15 p.m.
- German (written exam): January 18th, 2.15 p.m.
- Oral exams (all subjects): January 30th to February 2nd
- Issue of certificates: From one day after the oral exam during the period from February 1st to Feb 3rd from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. in front of the office (afterwards during the opening hours)
- Registration: February 11th to February 24th (12.00 noon, CET), online
- German (written exam): March 6th
- Mathematics (written exam): March 7th
- English (written exam): March 8th
- Oral exams (all subjects): March 20th to March 23rd
Attention: This examination date takes place after the admission period at the universities ends. It is not possible to switch to regular studies at the university in the summer semester 2023! If you are registered for VWU-courses an aliquot refund is not possible!
- Registration: March 18th to March 31st (12.00 noon, CET), online
- English (written exam): April 17th
- German (written exam): April 18th
- Mathematics (written exam): April 19th
- Oral exams (all subjects): May 2nd to May 5th
- Registration: May 20th to June 2nd (12.00 noon, CET), online
- German (written exam): June 12th
- Mathematics (written exam): June 13th
- English (written exam): June 14th
- Oral exams (all subjects): June 26th to June 29th
Next examinations: September, November
Registration for supplementary examinations
A registration for supplementary examinations is not possible at the moment. The instructions for an online registration for supplementary examinations can be found here at the beginning of the next registration period (German only).
Supplementary examinations - general information
The exams currently are planned to be held at the VWU. Due to regulatory requirements related to the COVID 19 pandemic, the exam modalities may be changed.
There are 3 dates for supplementary examinations per semester – please mind the application deadline!
- € 50 Euro: Examination fee for German, English, Mathematics each.
- € 35 Euro: Examination fee for History, Geography, Biology, Physics, Chemistry each.
- For the registration you need a valid admission letter from a scientific Viennese university which states the supplementary examination you want to register for.
- The supplementary examinations are taken in the presence of a board of examiners (Prüfungssenat) at the VWU.
- The board of examiners consists of three members: the examiner, another lecturer of the VWU and a representative of the university, who chairs the board.
- For the oral examination in German, English and mathematics passing the written examination is required.
- A deregistration from the exam is only possible up to one week before the exam date. In the case of oral exams, you can cancel your registration up to one week before the first day of the oral exams.
Grades: 1 (very good), 2 (good), 3 (satisfactory), 4 (sufficient), 5 (not sufficient). Grade 5 means “negative”, i.e. fail. Candidates may take a supplementary exam up to five times.
Further information about the subjects Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Geography and History is available on the following website: www.vwu-info.at.