- The written exams (German, English, Mathematics) of this exam date will take place as classroom exams at VWU. All oral exams (with the exception of Mathematics) will take place digitally (via video conference).
- Registration (online): December 5th-December 17th, (1:30 pm)
- Mathematics (written exam): January 11th, 2pm
- English (written exam): January 12th, 2 pm
- German (written exam): January 13th, candidates will be informed about the exam time on January 11th
- Oral exams (all subjects): January 25th – January 29th
- Registration: Feb. 5th to Feb. 18th (12.00 noon), online
- German (written exam): March 8th, 2.15 p.m.
- Mathematics (written exam): March 9th, 2.00 p.m.
- English (written exam): March 10th, 2.00 p.m.
- Oral exams (all subjects): March 22nd to March 25th
- Registration: March 12th to March 26th (12.00 noon), online
- English (written exam): April 7th, 2.00 p.m.
- German (written exam): April 8th, 2.15 p.m.
- Mathematics (written exam): April 9th, 2.00 p.m.
- Oral exams (all subjects): April 22nd to April 27th
- Registration: May 14th to May 27th (12.00 noon), online
- German (written exam): June 7th, 2.15 p.m.
- English (written exam): June 8th, 2.00 p.m.
- Mathematics (written exam): June 9th, 2.00 p.m.
- Oral exams (all subjects): June 21st to June 25th
next examinations (2021): September, October
Anmeldung zu Ergänzungsprüfungen
Eine Prüfungsanmeldung ist aktuell nicht möglich. Die Anleitung für die Online-Anmeldung für den nächsten Ergänzungsprüfungstermin wird zu Beginn der Anmeldefrist hier zu finden sein.
Supplementary examinations - general information
The exams currently are planned to be held at the VWU. Due to regulatory requirements related to the COVID 19 pandemic, the exam modalities may be changed.
There are 3 dates for supplementary examinations per semester – please mind the application deadline!
- € 50 Euro: Examination fee for German, English, Mathematics each.
- € 35 Euro: Examination fee for History, Geography, Biology, Physics, Chemistry each.
- For the registration you need a valid admission letter from a scientific Viennese university which states the supplementary examination you want to register for.
- The supplementary examinations are taken in the presence of a board of examiners (Prüfungssenat) at the VWU.
- The board of examiners consists of three members: the examiner, another lecturer of the VWU and a representative of the university, who chairs the board.
- For the oral examination in German, English and mathematics passing the written examination is required.
- A deregistration from the exam is only possible up to one week before the exam date. In the case of oral exams, you can cancel your registration up to one week before the first day of the oral exams.
Grades: 1 (very good), 2 (good), 3 (satisfactory), 4 (sufficient), 5 (not sufficient). Grade 5 means “negative”, i.e. fail. Candidates may take a supplementary exam up to five times.