Supplementary examinations in summer semester 2021
- The written exams (German, English, Mathematics) are scheduled to take place as classroom exams at VWU. All oral exams (with the exception of Mathematics) will take place digitally (via video conference). Due to governmental regulations in connection with COVID-19, examination modalities may be subject to change.
- The VWU board decided on the following course of action should it become necessary to change the setting of the examinations due to governmental regulations:
- German and English: If the written exam cannot take place as a classroom exam at the scheduled date, the written exam will be cancelled. Instead, there will be extended and prolongated oral exams held digitally (via video conference).
- Mathematics: The exam (written and oral) is scheduled to take place as classroom exam at VWU. If this is rendered impossible, the exam will be postponed to a future date, when classroom exams will be possible again.
- Candidates will be informed about a possible cancellation (German/English exam) or postponement (Mathematics exam) of the written exam as early as possible.
- Registration: March 12th to March 26th (12.00 noon), online
- English (written exam): April 7th, 2.00 p.m.
- German (written exam): April 8th, 2.15 p.m.
- Mathematics (written exam): April 9th, 2.00 p.m.
- Oral exams (all subjects): April 22nd to April 27th
- Registration: May 14th to May 27th (12.00 noon), online
- German (written exam): June 7th, 2.15 p.m.
- English (written exam): June 8th, 2.00 p.m.
- Mathematics (written exam): June 9th, 2.00 p.m.
- Oral exams (all subjects): June 21st to June 25th
next examinations: September 2021, October 2021, January 2022, March 2022
Registration for supplementary examinations
A registration for supplementary examinations is not possible at the moment. The instructions for an online registration for supplementary examinations can be found here at the beginning of the next registration period.
Supplementary examinations - general information
The exams currently are planned to be held at the VWU. Due to regulatory requirements related to the COVID 19 pandemic, the exam modalities may be changed.
There are 3 dates for supplementary examinations per semester – please mind the application deadline!
- € 50 Euro: Examination fee for German, English, Mathematics each.
- € 35 Euro: Examination fee for History, Geography, Biology, Physics, Chemistry each.
- For the registration you need a valid admission letter from a scientific Viennese university which states the supplementary examination you want to register for.
- The supplementary examinations are taken in the presence of a board of examiners (Prüfungssenat) at the VWU.
- The board of examiners consists of three members: the examiner, another lecturer of the VWU and a representative of the university, who chairs the board.
- For the oral examination in German, English and mathematics passing the written examination is required.
- A deregistration from the exam is only possible up to one week before the exam date. In the case of oral exams, you can cancel your registration up to one week before the first day of the oral exams.
Grades: 1 (very good), 2 (good), 3 (satisfactory), 4 (sufficient), 5 (not sufficient). Grade 5 means “negative”, i.e. fail. Candidates may take a supplementary exam up to five times.
Further information about the subjects Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Geography and History is available on the following website: www.vwu-info.at.